Humphrey Products is located in Kalamazoo, Michigan, nestled in the southwestern part of the state -- just a short drive from Lake Michigan, Grand Rapids and Lansing.
The area is home to great schools, including the Kalamazoo Promise, reputable universities, two nationally recognized healthcare systems, affordable housing, many parks, lakes and golf courses. For more information about Kalamazoo, please visit City of Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo Chamber of Commerce, or Kalamazoo County Convention and Visitor Bureau.
As an industry leader, Humphrey is a dynamic and rewarding place to work. We value an open exchange of ideas, innovation and teamwork. In return, we offer a competitive salary and incentive program.
Why Work at Humphrey Products?
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent Benefits
- People Centric
- Work-Life Balance
- Clean, Climate-controlled Factory
- Advancement Opportunities
Current Job Opportunities
If you want to work for a stable, climate controlled, and people centric company, Humphrey Products is the place for you!
- 4-day work week: Monday –Thursday: 6:00am –4:00pm (Paid lunch breaks).
- Great benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, 401K, 80 hours of PTO, Perfect Attendance Bonus and much more.
- Training and advancement opportunities.
If you are interested in this position, please respond by completing our online application.
Set-up and Operation/Milling and Turning
Humphrey Products Company, a Kalamazoo-based manufacturer of pneumatic valves and control components used in industries such as medical, instrumentation, distribution, agriculture and transportation has openings in the Machining Department’s 2nd shift which consists of four 10-hour days (M-Th/3:30 pm to 1:30 am).
- Candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to operate multi-axis CNC equipment, read blueprints, use basic machining gages, and understand standard machining terminology and principles.
- Must be able to set up machines and work with a defined process to produce quality products.
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgement in decision making and problem solving.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants for: extensive knowledge of cutting tool technology, speed and feed selection, process control techniques, GD&T and leadership experience.
Humphrey Products specializes in short run production so candidates must also enjoy a variety of work. The pay rate will be set upon candidates experience level.
If you are interested in becoming a team member of a progressive, growing company dedicated to continuous improvement, please respond by completing our application for employment.
The Production Supervisor leads and manages the second-shift hourly workforce to effectively and efficiently meet manufacturing workflow requirements through team captains.
- Properly deploys resources to efficiently execute the production schedule.
- Accountable for all responsibilities delegated to Production Team Captains (see "Subtitle Dept Production Team Captain" job position record), such as ensuring compliant production set-up/execution and conducting on-the-job training.
- Champions High Performance Team (HPT) methodology and utilizes lean daily management processes (tiered meetings & support; leader standard work; visual controls).
- Cross-functional leadership: works with/through support functions to eliminate constraints and to achieve business results.
- Interprets and analyzes data to discover insights; utilizes performance metrics in decision making process.
- Predicts and resolves labor issues effectively, knowing when to escalate vs. defuse; properly and privately handles conflict resolution and other highly confidential employee information.
- Approaches performance management as an ongoing process (clear expectations; timely feedback; regular coaching; performance check-ins; conducts formal performance reviews; etc.).
- Leads regular communications with team pertaining to corporate and departmental performance. Serves as a link between subordinates and upper management.
- Review training of workforce to ensure they are properly trained, prior to assigning quality related tasks.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Production Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three 3+ years relevant work leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Collaborative and results driven; finds innovative solutions to solve problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution capability and interpersonal savvy.
- Adept at developing and coaching individuals and teams to higher performance.
- Able to competently interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and other technical documents.
- Experience using ERP/MRP in an IBM iSeries or equivalent platform environment.
- Intermediate+ skill using Microsoft Excel in practical applications.
- Able to maintain confidentiality related to business activities.
- Must be in current position for at least 12 months.
- Must have excellent attendance, good behavior and performance.
- Bachelor's degree major in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations, or similar field.
- Five (5) years supervisory/managerial experience in a manufacturing environment.
- APICS and/or ISM certification(s).
- Experience using business intelligence software to create data queries and reports (e.g., SQL, Viewpoint, Power Bi)
- Blueprint reading.
- Experience in CNC milling or turning.
- Experience in pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systemic reading.
If you are interested in becoming a team member of a progressive, growing company dedicated to continuous improvement, please respond by completing our online application.
Is the job you are interested in listed above? If not, please sign up for a Humphrey Job Alert and an email will be sent to you when it becomes available.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and an ISO 9001:2015 Registered Company.
In 2011, Humphrey Products, along with 25 other manufacturing companies in the Kalamazoo area joined forces with Kalamazoo Valley Community College, the Kalamazoo Regional Education Service Agency and Michigan Works to create the Kalamazoo Advanced Manufacturing Career Consortium. Read more about this group.