1901 to 1920
- Alfred Humphrey opens General Gas Light Company in Kalamazoo, Michigan, marketing new, inverted arc gaslights.
- Opens offices in San Francisco, New York, Havana, London, and Bremen. Soon, more than a million Humphrey arcs light homes, stores, factories and city streets.
- Invents Radiantfire, a clean and odorless heating unit for fireplaces.
1920 to 1940
- Humphrey employs more than 300 people producing 150,000 heaters a year, adding to the more than 700,000 Radiantfire products already in the marketplace.
- Creates the Radiantfire Humphrey Rotisserie, a commercial barbecue.
- Creates the first gas-fired overhead heater, a revolutionary method of space heating still used today.
- Redesigns arc gaslight for use with liquid petroleum propane gas. The gaslight is used in recreational vehicles, homes, cottages and cabins where electricity is not available.
1940 to 1960
- Manufactures equipment for military use during World War II.
- Sells heating division of business to focus on pneumatics technologies.
- Builds new manufacturing plant in Kalamazoo.
1960 to 1980
- Forms strategic alliance with Koganei, a leading manufacturer of pneumatic products, to manufacture Humphrey valves in Japan.
- Creates an increasingly sophisticated and ever-expanding line of valves to serve an array of industries.
- Purchases Starz Cylinders.
1980 to 1990
- Officially changes name to Humphrey Products.
- Purchases South Haven Coil to manufacture electrical and electronic components.
- Establishes Humphrey Fluid Power in Markham, Ontario to serve the Canadian provinces.
1990 to 2000
- Launches DaVinci Engineering group, offering customized, engineered solutions to clients.
- Introduces Humphrey "H-Series" product line with Koganei Corporation.
- Introduces Humphrey, a 90-pound Golden Retriever, as company pet and mascot.
- Purchases Concept Manufacturing in Plainwell, MI.
- Obtains ISO 9001 certification.
- Incorporates DaVinci engineering concept corporate-wide, offering all clients full-service, engineered solutions.
2000 to Today
- DaVinci Engineering is incorporated into Humphrey's total business development approach which is known as Engineered Solutions.
- All three manufacturing sites: Humphrey Products, South Haven Coil and Concept Manufacturing are registered under the same scope to the ISO9000:2000 Standard.
- Concept becomes part of Humphrey and moves its production to the Humphrey location on Kilgore and Sprinkle Roads.
- Obtains ISO 9001:2008 certification.
- Obtains ISO 13485:2003 certification.