Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
General Description of Job: The buyer is responsible for the selection of the most appropriate suppliers of goods and services to the company on the basis of price, quality, delivery and post-sale support. This responsibility extends to the day to day management and growth of the relationship with the suppliers’ various technical and commercial personnel. Additionally, and as required, the buyer should be able to facilitate the extension of these relationships to other Humphrey technical and commercial personnel. Because we manufacture relatively complex assemblies the buyer should have very good mechanical aptitude and a relatively technical background. The successful candidate will work in a lean, fast-paced and rewarding work environment, where he/she will have the support and encouragement for developing a great career and achieving exceptional performance to help HP Company reach its goals.
- Manage the relationship between Humphrey and the supplier’s technical personnel.
- Develop market knowledge and contacts for technology associated with Humphrey’s products.
- Use available tools to identify and evaluate prospective suppliers for all different types of parts.
- Prepare bid analysis and negotiate purchasing contracts.
- Monitor suppliers’ performances and manage all aspects of supplier relationships and development.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and works with Operations to understand material/service requirements, clarify specific deliverables, and ensure compliance with company standards and processes.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Humphrey and the supplier in the event of any technical or commercial conflict (quality issues, delivery issues, pricing errors, etc.)
- Coordinate supplier qualification process including commercial, technical and compliance (ISO9000) matters.
- Ensure that appropriate corrective and preventative actions are implemented for any supplier- related production interruptions.
- Manage purchase from end to end such as creating RFQs, issuing and following-up with suppliers for RFQ responses, placing purchase orders and continued support.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors degree required and a minimum 1-3 years of purchasing or related experience in manufacturing environment required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (grammar, spelling, language usage, etc.)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership abilities to perform independently
- High mechanical aptitude and/or broad technical experience with engineered components—solenoids, molded rubber, plastic parts,
and tight tolerance machined parts.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in occasionally stressful situations.
- High degree of planning and organization skills required
- Eagerness to learn
- Low number of production interruptions and/or product non-compliances (Material Complaint Notices) resulting from suppliers.
- Annual cost improvement targets set then met or exceeded.
- Ability to reduce overall supply chain management costs (through increased compliance, supplier consolidation, increased dock to stock activities, etc.)
If you are interested in becoming a team member of a progressive, growing company dedicated to continuous improvement, please respond by completing our Application for Employment at:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ISO 9001:2015 Registered Company