- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university and three (3)+ years relevant work experience -OR- seven (7)+ years
relevant work experience.
- Two (2)+ years supervisory experience at a machine shop / machined parts manufacturer.
- Collaborative and results driven; finds innovative solutions to solve problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent conflict resolution capability and interpersonal savvy.
- Willing and able to be the sole supervisor of plant and people during second shift operations.
- Able to competently interpret engineering drawings and other technical documents.
- Intermediate+ skill using Microsoft Excel for practical application.
- Trustworthy; capable of maintaining confidentiality related to business activities.
- Master of principles related to machined parts manufacturing:
- Safety and ergonomics (hazards and preventions);
- Shop mathematics (arithmetic; algebra; geometry; statistics);
- CNC machine controls (motion and position; coordinates; offsets);
- metal cutting (tools; processes; chip formation; fluids; speed and feed)
- work holding devices (chucks; collets; vises; clamping; supporting and locating)
- GD&T (geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing);
- blueprint reading (drawing, dimensions and notes);
- measurement devices (common gaging and inspection tools);
- hole, thread and surface finish standards and inspection methods;
- troubleshooting and root cause corrective action methodologies.
- APICS CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) or equivalent professional credential.
- Experience using IBM iSeries or an equivalent Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform.
- Comfortable using business intelligence software to create virtual dashboards from data warehouses.
With and through his or her Team Captains, the Production Supervisor (Fabrication - 2nd Shift) leads and manages
the hourly workforce to effectively and efficiently meet manufacturing work-flow requirements.
- Collaborates with the first shift Senior Production Supervisor to properly deploys resources to efficiently execute
the production schedule.
- Enacts and monitors workplace safety and housekeeping measures; ensures proper response to and logging of safety incidents.
- In the event a security alarm is triggered, serves as first level EPS emergency contact.
- Accountable for adherence to plant shutdown (end of shift and end of week) procedures.
- Cross-functional leadership: works with/through support functions to eliminate constraints and to achieve business results.
- Interprets and analyzes data to discover insights; utilizes performance metrics in decision making process.
- Predicts and resolves labor issues effectively, knowing when to escalate vs. defuse; properly and privately handles conflict resolution and other highly confidential employee information.
- Approaches performance management as an ongoing process (clear expectations; timely feedback; regular coaching; performance check-ins; conducts formal performance reviews; etc.).
- Leads regular communications with team pertaining to corporate and departmental performance. Serves as a link between subordinates and upper management.
- Review training of workforce to ensure they are properly trained, prior to assigning quality related tasks.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Production Manager.
If you are interested in becoming a team member of a progressive, growing company dedicated to continuous improvement, please respond by completing our online application at:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ISO 9001:2015 Registered Company