Humphrey Products is searching for a Design Engineer for the design and development of valves and valve systems to meet the needs of our customer in applications such as medical, instrumentation, distribution and food products. The individual must have the ability to act independently, confidently and with a sense of urgency, while handling a variety of engineering project challenges. This candidate will lead assigned new foundation product development projects and represent the Engineering Department, with external customers and internal production teams. There will be occasional travel to meet program objectives associated with suppliers, external customer and other items. If you are looking for a fast paced setting, working with a team of dedicated peers, to tackle challenging engineer projects, this job may be a great fit for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Concept & Design New Products
- Translate customer and or marketing requirements into product designs drawings and documents.
- Submit designs and supporting documents for Patents when appropriate.
- Assure new designs meets objectives for:
- Product Performance & Durability
- Manufacturability & Quality
- Compliance to UL, REACH, RoHS, IPC, etc. if required
- Cost and Timing.
Develop New Products
- Develop and supply prototypes.
- Develop testing plans for validation and durability.
- Conduct validation and durability testing.
- Write final test reports to demonstrate product meets objectives for performance and durability etc.
Hold Milestone Meeting
- Conduct cross functional meetings for Design Reviews.
- Product and Process concept and planning meetings.
Support Developing Project Budgets
- Works with Project Manager and other team members to develop project budgets.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BSME or BSEE in Engineering required.
- 3 years experience in product design preferred.
- Fluid Power components design experience a major plus.
- Experience in process engineering a plus.
- Solid Modeling CAD experience with Solid Edge, Solidworks, or equivalent.
- CFD modeling experience a plus.
- Experience with DFMEA, GD&T, DOE, and Statistics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Team focused with effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in becoming a highly appreciated team member at a progressive and growing company, dedicated to ethical operations and continuous improvement, please respond by completing our online application.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ISO 9001:2015 Registered Company