The Original Respirator Valve Innovators
The first patent for an electronic respirable gas delivery device was designed in 1985 with Humphrey’s valve as a key component of its functionality.
At the time, this was just the latest innovation Humphrey had participated in. In 1980, we partnered with the original oxygen concentrator manufacturer. Before that, we had also supplied diaphragm valves used in the first artificial heart. These collaborations have provided in-depth industry insight and application experience, and our medical valve expertise has only grown.
Trusted by Medical Innovators Worldwide
Supplying custom valve solutions for critical care, transportation, portable, and neonatal mechanical ventilators is a major part of our heritage. As a trusted partner, we’ve collaborated on innovative designs to meet size, space, and performance challenges as the medical device industry has evolved. Our commitment toward continuous innovation drives our team to meet the not only today’s demands for respiratory device technology, but tomorrow’s as well.
Custom Valve Solutions for Respiratory Devices
Humphrey’s Engineered Solutions team partners directly with the manufacturer’s engineering team when designing a custom respiratory valve solution. Through trusted collaboration, a combination of core skills, and aligned purpose, we can integrate our products and other elements to meet design requirements, easily integrate into production processes, and offer low costs to our partners.
Key Benefits of Working with Humphrey Products
- Select from a variety of proven and unique designs and proprietary sealing technologies.
- Leverage our team’s 25+ years of experience in collaborating with client engineers as their trusted fluid system control partner.
- Take advantage of our regulatory experience and process control systems for medical devices.
Proven Respirator Valve Solutions
Humphrey’s product portfolio offers customizable flow rates, compliance with spatial limitations, low current consumptions and long life cycles for portable, neonatal and critical care ventilators.
Our Life Science Group can be your single-source provider for all pneumatic flow control solutions in your next respiratory innovation.
Popular Respirator Valve Solutions
Flow Control Valve
Oxygen/Air Proportional Flow Control
- High flow in very compact construction
- Low leak rate to conserve oxygen.
- Low mass, very sensitive to applied current changes.
Zero Calibration Valve
Auto Zero Pressure Sensor
- Very compact manifold solution with low cost.
- Low power, high flow, oxygen-compatible.
- Low leak rate ensures integrity.
Proportionally Control Exhalation Rate
- Low mass, very sensitive to changes in applied current.
- Adjustable to exact requirements.
- Low leak rate when in OFF condition.
Ready to Get Started?
Humphrey Products lead the revolution of the respiratory device industry and we’re continuing to innovate today. We want to partner with you in improving the quality of life for those who need it. Click the button below to request more information about our medical valve solutions.
Real-Life Applications for Respirator Valves
Want to see our products in action? View and download our case studies and brochure.