The Humphrey Balanced Solenoid Valve family of 3- and 4-port direct acting valves now includes IP67 rated, environmentally protected models.
Solenoid modifications and extensive testing has certified IP67 models to withstand dust ingress completely, and submersion in water to a depth of one meter over 30 minutes. IP67 models are limited to DIN electrical entry and without override. Humphrey DIN connector HS2-CLL is suitable for IP67 protection as well.
The IP67 requirement is quite challenging, and therefore quite saleable to food processing and packaging OEMs and their end users, as well other moisture laden or wash down applications.
Additionally, we’ve added fluorocarbon elastomers to the Balanced Valve offering for those chemical and temperature compatibility applications. Finally, metric piping ports in both “G” and “Rc” threads are now available for OEMs marketing equipment internationally.
The Balanced Solenoid Valve Series is an universal balanced design valve, offering several benefits:
- MULTI-PURPOSE. The Series is versatile with its many functions: Normally Closed or Normally Open; 2- or 3-way; Diverter or Selector; pressure range of vacuum to 125 PSIG.
- MULTI-MEDIA. The Series’ balanced poppet design performs whether the media is air or inert gases, clean, dry, lubricated, or contains some airline impurities.
- RELIABLE SHIFT, TIGHT SEAL. Internal forces generated by the pressurized media are neutralized. The shifting forces of the coil and return spring are optimized and need only seal the poppet to our tight leakage specifications.
- HIGH FLOW CAPACITY. Internal flow path management has been maximized. Coupled with the balanced design and an optimized solenoid magnetic circuit, significantly greater flow, within a reduced overall size, has been achieved.
- EASE of USE. All electric and pneumatic connections are on opposing surfaces, minimizing total space occupied, and simplifying mounting and connections during installation.
For more information, including technical specs, CAD drawings and PDF downloads, please visit our Online Catalog or download the Balanced Valves Brochure. Complimentary Test & Evaluation valve samples are available for qualifying applications.